We couldn’t resist the platform for tooting our own horn, so from the Department of Shameless Self Promotion, some other posts from 2008 that we considered:
- Our series on the Delaware Ducker at Chesapeake Bat Maritime Museum, part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4, because first person accounts are always best.
- The visit from David Fleming Day (as in, we assume, Thomas Fleming Day of Rudder and Bermuda Race fame), because how cool a surprise was that?!.
- Stumbling onto Howard Chapelle’s personal batten box at CBMM
- Our series on discovering the Center for Wooden Boats in Seattle. There were a bunch, beginning with the one on sailing the Cape Ann Dory Q’ONA.
- Our series blogging live from the Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival at CBMM, beginning with this introduction.
- Of course, our Traditional Boats of the World project.