I decided it might be helpful for folks that are coming to see info about my Peace Canoe, PEACE OF THE PUZZLE, to have a little better overview page for the project. Below, therefore, please find a list of all the related posts, along with the topics covered.
- Walking the walk – a wooden boat (Peace Canoe) for Chine bLog! – Rationale for choosing to build this boat right now.
- Beginning work on the Peace Canoe – Materials, making seats, and cutting the chine logs.
- More on the Peace Canoe – scarfing sheer clamps and chine logs – Some pointers on scarfing the sheer clamps and chine logs, but please read this one in partnership with the entry below on issues I had.
- The Peace Canoe progresses – have plywood, will start cuttin’ – Cutting out plywood side panels and using butt-blocks to create the full panel length. Includes problems with the butt-block method.
- The Peace Canoe gets seats and gets closer to full sides – Seat unit construction and fitting chine logs to stem and sternpost.
- Building the Peace Canoe – time on the Moaning Chair – Problems in scarfing; problems with stems / sternpost bevels; repairing sheer clamps.
- Back in business – the Peace Canoe – Fitting the bottom.
- Structurally complete! The Peace Canoe gets a bottom – Pictures of the boat before final finishing.
- Getting closer – ready to paint the Peace Canoe – Picture of the boat pre-painting.
- And that’s a wrap! The Peace Canoe is complete! – Pictures of the completed boat in the yard, with better close-ups that the ones below.
- Successful christening and launch of the Peace Canoe! – pictures of the boat on the beach and underway.
- Initial performance thoughts on the Peace Canoe – What is the Peace Canoe like as a boat?
I hope this series is fun and useful! Enjoy PEACE OF THE PUZZLE!